Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Hailuoto

Sunday night I got back from the district 1380 & 1400 camp :) It was in Hailuoto, an island of the coast from Oulu that is really pretty, despite the cold. Mostly, we just spent our time with each other, getting to know the other exchange students better. It was nice to be with people going through the same things as me, both good and bad. And now I'm more excited than ever for the Lapland Tour :D

There were a lot of windmills on the island, probably because there was plenty of wind. Those buildings are some of the shops the people that live there set up, and the hotel we stayed at is nearby them.

Me and Taria, from New Mexico, on the bus while taking a tour of the island. Unfortunately, the tour guide didn't speak english.

The lighthouse, and the hotel is behind it. We climbed to the top. It wasn't too bad, but the stairwell was really narrow so it was kind of scary :P



Just some scenery :D

This weekend Arja is throwing a Halloween party for me, and the rest of my host families are coming. I'll probably bake some Halloween treats, and I'll be sure to take pictures :P
Lapland is not too far off after that; only a month away! And we're going to have a bowling weekend with Rotex in a couple of weeks too. Lots of stuff to look forward too!


No comments:

Post a Comment