Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Kemin Lukio!


Life's been good in Finland :) I have people I know in my new class schedule, and my social life has picked up a lot. I went to a friends last weekend and ate 'tortillas' (they were actually tacos, but to Finns only the crunchy ones are called tacos. And tortilla is pronounced how its spelled
here, haha).
I passed my first Finnish test, which is good, haha. The written exam is on Thursday, but I'm not worried. That's the last day of my classes though, so I'm not sure how I'm going to keep up with learning the
language. Hopefully I'll figure something out :P




But, because my mo
m requested it like a month ago, I took pictures
of my school last night before my art lesson. Its really simple looking, and a lot of Finnish buildings look similar to it. This is the entrance and the front of the building :)






This is the main hallway. Usually, there's a ton of people in it, but because this was at like 6:00 pm, I was one of the only people there. On the left is where we put out coats and everything, because we don't get lockers here.






This is of the 'parking lot', its not actually a marked area, cars just end up parking there. The building in the background is where we eat lunch, which is free :)

And the last one is of the pink church, I took the picture out of a fourth floor window in the school. I just think its funny there's a pink church in town :P

No comments:

Post a Comment