Monday, August 17, 2009

First Day of School


School today was a breeze. I didn't have to go until 11:30, and all it was was a sort of orientation. So that was nice :) Tomorrow I have to actually wake up though ): But that's okay. Besides not understanding anything the teacher was saying, it wasn't that bad. And hopefully I'll learn more Finnish as time passes.
The kids at the school were just like at any other high school, but like everyone said none of them came and introduced themselves to me. But Aino is in my home class and a lot of others, and her and her friends sit with me at lunch, so I think I'm going to be fine. I went to Sweden today! And shopped in a mall that's half Swedish and half Finnish :) It was pretty sweet.

Oh, and here's a picture of part of 35 pounds of blueberries that a friend of my host parents brought over.

3 comments:

  1. The blueberries look yummy! What is the name of the cute puppy dog?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lauren,
    We are following ya, one thing I would like to see is more pics and descriptions. What is the dogs name??? lol - those are blueberries, you should send some to your dad- I heard he is giving you a hard time about that!
    :) -Joc

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh man! its nice to see that someone made their exchange year. i am leaving to finland next wednesday also for a year and i am starting to be pretty nervous mostly about the school cause i have no siblings there who would be there with me and i speak no finnish at all! but hopefully i ll manage somehow...

    ReplyDelete