Saturday, December 5, 2009

Independence Day Dance


Last night my high school put on a dance to celebrate Finnish Independence Day, which is tomorrow. It was a ton of fun, but totally different than American high school dances. Instead of a lot of hip hop and grinding, there was Elvis and traditional dance. Of course, I still don't know how really, so it didn't work out too well. But it was still fun :D

From left to right: Me, Venla, Milka, Maiju, and Mari, drinking punch before the dance :)

Vipe, Venla's boyfriend, attempting to teach me to dance.

This crazy circle dance thing. You jumped and twirled, and I tripped over my feet a lot.

Santtu, me, and Vipe. Haha.
More pictures on Facebook :D

1 comment:

  1. Lauren - Good to hear about yo' life. You need to come back soon though cause the Jonas' are starting to pick their wives! I miss seeing you. Happy Trails - Mary Weaver

    ReplyDelete