Thursday, February 4, 2010

Lumi

Well, not much to update on right now. It's test week this week, which means life is pretty easy for me :P I've been busy with Finnish lessons, and preparing for the dance (though I'm not sure if my dance skills are getting any better, haha).
There's been a ton of snow (or 'lumi' in Finnish) recently, so I thought I show what a Finnish winter looks like :D Not too different from Minnesota, haha.
Here's a few pictures from around town to hold everyone over until the Oldie's dance on the 19th. Hope you like them!

That's the town library in the background :)

There's two of these pillars at the entrance of where the snow castle is built. It just opened last weekend, so I haven't been there yet, but I will! If you look closely at it, you can see 'Lumilinna' carved in it, which means Snowcastle, which is carved right below it.

Just a branch near the harbor, which is frozen I guess, because people are skiing on the sea. Haha.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks, I almost fell off my chair! Nice Pics :) -joc

    ReplyDelete